How to make a MEPIS USB Key using the official "MEPIS System Assistant" to create the bootable USB Flash drive. This USB creation process is accomplished while running from the Live CD. SimplyMEPIS is based on a stable Debian Linux kernel. MEPIS Linux is a product founded by Warren Woodford.
Table of Contents
Simply MEPIS Bootable USB
Distribution Home Page: mepis.org
Note: This distribution is no longer in production
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 1GB
Persistent Feature: No
Essentials to create a Live USB Key:
- A MEPIS Linux CD
- A 1GB or Larger USB Key
- PC that can boot from USB + CD
How to Create a MEPIS USB Key from the Live CD
- Download MEPIS ISO and burn it to a CD
- Restart your computer, booting from the CD
- Once booted up, insert a 1GB or larger USB Key
- Click KMenu > System > MEPIS Settings > MEPIS System Assistant
- When prompted, enter the root password and Click OK
- Click the MEPIS USB Key Tab from the MEPIS System Window
- (1) Select your USB Key (2) Tick Format key box (3)Tick Create bootable MEPIS USB key box (4) Click Apply
- A progress bar that will loop several times before completion. Once the MEPIS USB Flash Drive creation process has finished, you should have a bootable MEPIS 8 Flash Drive.
That concludes how to create a MEPIS USB flash drive.