How to Install EasyPeasy to USB flash drive using Windows and the Universal USB Installer. Easy Peasy is a remix for Netbooks that is based on Ubuntu. It is an operating system optimized for netbooks.
Table of Contents
USB Bootable EasyPeasy
- Distribution Home Page: Project Page
- Developer: Founded by Jon Ramvi
- Persistent Feature: Yes
What is EasyPeasy?
Easypeasy is a Linux distribution that was designed for netbooks and other low spec devices. It is based upon Ubuntu and features a simplified user interface, making it easy for beginners to use. This Netbook Operating System offers applications such as Skype, Transmission BitTorrent Client, Pidgin Messenger, Evolution Email, Open Office, and Firefox with Flash, Java and other codecs already installed.
USB Easy Peasy Prerequisites
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
- USB Flash Drive
- Universal USB Installer (to create a bootable USB)
How to make an EasyPeasy Bootable USB with Persistence
The following tutorial does utilize the casper-rw persistence feature allowing your to run the Live Linux OS persistently from your USB flash drive. In step 4, the option to save changes back to the drive and then restore those changes on subsequent boots is offered.
- Download the EasyPeasy ISO
- Download and then launch the Universal USB Installer
- (1.) Select EasyPeasy from the list of distros.
(2.) Browse to and select your downloaded ISO file
(3.) Select your USB flash drive
(4.) Optionally choose a persistent file size to use and click Create.
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot.
If all goes well, you should now finally have your very own bootable Easy Peasy USB drive with optional persistence to play with.
Note: This is a Netbook distribution and does not play well with Desktop PCs and Laptops. It was specifically designed only for Netbooks.