Install Ubuntu NetBook Remix to USB using Windows. Ubuntu NetBook Remix (UNR) is a NetBook oriented Linux Distribution created by Canonical Ltd. It is based on Ubuntu. By installing UNR to a Thumb Drive, your Live Portable UNR operating system can then be run directly from the Flash Drive. Or alternately you can use the bootable USB to perform a full install to your computer's internal hard drive.
Table of Contents
Ubuntu NetBook Remix Bootable USB
Though designed for Netbooks, UNR works quite well on Desktop and Laptop computers too. It is quick, convenient, simple, and we love it!
Distribution Home Page: ubuntu.com (discontinued)
Persistent Feature: Yes
- Windows PC to run UUI
- Ubuntu Netbook ISO
- USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer (does the USB Boot conversion)
How to Install Ubuntu NetBook Remix to USB
- Download the UNR ISO file.
- Download and run the Universal USB Installer
- Select Ubuntu Netbook Remix from the list, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once the Installer is finished, restart your computer, set your BIOS Options or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device and reboot.
That's all there is to it, you should now have a Portable USB Ubuntu NetBook Remix that you can run as a Live operating system from the USB device or install on your Netbook via the Ubuntu Netbook Installer.