Run Wolvix from a USB Flash Drive: In the following section, I will show you one way to quickly install Wolvix to a USB flash drive from Windows using YUMI. Wolvix is a Linux distribution created by Kenneth 'Wolven' Granerud. It is based on Slackware and the Linux Live scripts from (SLAX).
This Live Linux Distribution utilizes an Xfce desktop environment and comes packed with a multitude of development, graphics, multimedia, network and office applications.
Table of Contents
USB Bootable Wolvix Linux
Distribution Home Page: http://wolvix.org (no longer active)
Persistent Feature: Yes
Wolvix bootable thumb drive creation essentials
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Wolvix ISO file
- USB flash thumb drive (fat32 formatted)
- YUMI or the Universal USB Installer (does the USB conversion)
Live USB Flash Drive Creation tutorial for Wolvix
- Download Wolvix ISO File
- Download and then launch YUMI
- Select (Try Unlisted ISO) from the end of the list and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot.
If all went well, you should finally be booting Linux from your USB.
Username and Password for Wolvix Login
Optional - How to Set up Wolvix Persistence
- Click Wolvix Control Panel Icon from the Desktop.
- Click The Storage Tab, then click the Create WolvixSave Icon.
- Select your Flash Drive from the droplist (you can type fdisk -l in a terminal to locate the device).
- Set File Size and click Create.