Run Ubuntu Server from USB; Easily create a Live USB Bootable Ubuntu Server using YUMI from within Windows. The following process covers one way to Install, Boot and Run Ubuntu Server from a USB Flash Drive. Upon completion, you can then use the portable version to Run Ubuntu Server Edition Live or install to an internal Hard Drive. This is very useful if your computer does not have a CD/DVD Drive, but can boot from a USB device.
Table of Contents
Live USB Bootable Ubuntu Server
Distribution Home Page: Project Website
Persistent Feature: No (unnecessary)
Essentials to run Ubuntu Server on USB
- Windows 11, 10, 8, or 7
- USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- YUMI (does the Live USB Boot conversion)
How to Create a Live USB Bootable Ubuntu Server
- Download and launch the YUMI USB Boot creation software.
- 1: First Select your Flash Drive from the drop down list.
2: Then choose Ubuntu Server from the list of distributions.
3: Browse to your ISO file, and then click Create.
- Once the YUMI script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot.
How to Boot and Run Ubuntu Server from USB
If all went well, you should now be presented with the YUMI Boot Menu. Simply select the option to boot Ubuntu Live Server from your USB flash drive.