Install Eeebuntu on USB; Persistent Eeebuntu bootable Flash Drive creation tutorial. In the following tutorial, we show you how to use Windows to create a Portable Eeebuntu bootable USB Flash Drive using UUI. Eeebuntu is based on Ubuntu but is optimized for the Asus EeePC. More information can be found at the Official site. Upon completion of this tutorial, you should be able to run it from a Flash Drive on any computer that supports booting from USB.
Note: By using this tutorial, the persistent feature should work just as it does in Ubuntu. Allowing you to save and restore most of your changes.
Table of Contents
USB Bootable Eeebuntu
Distribution Home Page: eeebuntu.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
- 2GB or Larger USB Flash Drive (Fat32 formatted)
- EEEBuntu ISO (Standard Edition)
- Windows PC
- Universal USB Installer
Install Eeebuntu on USB
- Download and then launch the Universal USB Installer.
- Select EEEBuntu and then follow the remaining onscreen instructions.
- Reboot your PC and then set your system BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot from the flash device.
Upon reboot, you should finally have a successful launch from your flash memory stick.