Make a USB NimbleX; The following covers the process of creating a NimbleX Bootable USB flash drive by using the Live CD. Much like SLAX, this tiny Slackware based release is (less than 200MB). It was originally designed to fit on a 8cm CD. The screenshots and original tutorial was originally put together and submitted by Georgescu Ciprian, and then edited by Lance.
Distribution Home Page: Project Page
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 256MB
Persistent Feature: Yes
- USB flash drive
- NimbleX ISO
- CD Burner
Table of Contents
NimbleX running from a Flash Drive
How to create a NimbleX Bootable USB Flash Drive
- Download the ISO and burn to a CD.
- Boot your PC from the CD.
- From the Home icon (on the Desktop), double-click the "NimbleX USB Install" icon.
- Press Enter or click (OK) after you have read the installer notice.
- Carefully select which drive you want to install to.
- Adjust how much space to reserve for your NimbleX USB.
- Read the format warning and, if you are sure press Enter.
- The next three Screenshots show the USB installation progress.
- You can make a choice to save changes persistently (persistence).
- The last screen tells you that the Bootable USB creation is complete.
That is all there is to it. You can now proceed to reboot, set your system BIOS to Boot from the USB, and begin booting from your Live USB Nimblex flash drive.